Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mellow Yellow

I have been very busy this week, with work, my internship and lots of events. I am really enjoying my internship and can't wait to see where it might lead. I realized I never shared the outfit I was wearing when I got my internship with you guys. So here it is:

Jacket: Artizia
Silk T-shirt: Thrifted, Community Thrift Store
Pants: H&M
Shoes: Aldo
Necklace: Vintage
Earrings: Gift from Grandmother
Watch: Gift from Mike




I found it a bit difficult to get dressed for my internship interview because I didn't know what they were expecting. I have a bunch of interview through out my life but most have been in the very creative field of make-up for film and the interview process is nothing like interviews in the rest of life,. You can be creative with your outfit and it is totally acceptable, especially in the film industry. I had also been to a different interview for a sales rep position at another wholesale fashion company and had been told my style didn't fit in with their brand. 

So this time I decided to go with my own style, just no jeans! I interview people at my job everyday and it blows my mind how many people apply in jeans. It is never ok to try and get a job in jeans. Ok, rant over, so here is what I wore and it worked! Internship obtained!

What do you wear for interviews?

No comments: