Thursday, May 31, 2012

'90s Purple

Yesterday I wore one of my new vintage finds to my internship at Yates. It had crazy shoulder pads which I instantly took out. Let me tell you, taking out crazy shoulder pads can make a world of a difference. Other than that I added a belt and pushed up the sleeves. Sometimes that's all a dress needs to make the jump from one decade to another.

Dress: Thrifted, '90s Smart Set
Belt: H&M
Booties: Zara
Earrings: Aldo
Watch: Rolex, gift from Mike



I loved neckline of this dress and all the buttons. They are a bit of a pain in the butt to do up but who doesn't love those funky little details? 



Another thing I should mention about vintage is one the easiest way to make your look more modern is with your shoes. Sure I think these booties go with everything, cause they do, but also they are super modern and therefore make this dress look less '90s. A pair of Doc Martians with have instantly sent my look into the '90s full force.


I am so glad I grabbed this dress while out on my vintage hunt. Not bad for $30 bucks!

No comments: