Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hip Hop Night at the Lamplighter

Last night I went to the hip hop night at the Lamplighter with my friend, Ali. A friend of hers was in the group called "Main Offenders". They were really good. I am not a huge hip hop person, its not that I don't like it, its just not my thing. But this guys had great lyrics and that is something I that I can appreciate.

A couple shots of what the crowed looked liked, I stuck out like a sore thumb which I knew I would but it was a great time.


This was the basic uniform of the hip hop crowd. I enjoyed looking at all the crazy patterns on the hoodies. I'm not really a pattern person and I love how easily they all pulled off the patterns.

Here is what I wore. See how I was not dressed for the hip hop crowd. But I didn't care, because you have to dress for yourself and feel good!

Jacket: Le Chateau-gift from grandparents
Shirt: Sirens $15
Jeans: Old Navy $40
Shoes: Aldo $50
Belt: Le Chateau $15
Earrings: Aldo $5
Cuff: Thrifted Value Village $2
Oversized Clutch: Thrifted on Main St $5
Pin on Jacket: Pin for my friend's band


I love this shirt and I can not believe I found something so amazing at SIRENS. I seriously suggest that if you have not been there lately you go and check it out! I also found a cute vest and I think that is more to find. If you live downtown you'll have to go to Metrotown or some other mall out of downtown. It is worth it but I suggest you go on a week day to avoid crowds. Happy Shopping!

No comments: