Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

The weather in Vancouver might not be great at the moment at least we are getting some more sunshine. It is still very cold but I am just trying to remember the saying "April showers bring May flowers". And not just outside as I decided to bring some flowers to my outfit when shift leading at work today.
Shirt: Zara $50
Shirt: Thrifted at Value Village $3
Shoes: Aldo $10 (at a buy one get one free sale!)
Necklaces: Thifted at True Value Vintage and at Mintage $10 for both.(you can only see one)
Cuff: Thrifted at Value Village $2
Earrings: Le Chateau $10

All the magazine I have been reading and all over the spring shows were flowers. I realize that floral prints are in style every spring but a lot of times I bypass the florals as I feel it makes me look to young. This year a lot of the florals were subtle and not overwhelming. I will be trying to find some more subtle ways to include more floral in my wardrobe. Plus if the weather wont let it be spring I will make it be spring with my clothes alone!



Speaking of spring, I have decided to do spring cleaning on my body. This is the bike I bought at a second hand sports store over the weekend. I have been riding it to work every day since. Its not a far ride but it is all up hill! I just switch my skirt for jeans and my heels for ballet flats.
Bicycle: Cheapskates at Dunbar and 19th $175
Basket: Cheapskates $25
Bell: Cheapskates $3
Lock: Cheapskates $30
Cheapskates is a great place to get a bike. Everything is on consignment and the prices get lower the longer something has been there. Also the guys who work there will install everything you want to add to your bike for you, for FREE! So awesome! I am definitely looking forward to riding around the seawall this summer. Here's to spring, CHEERS!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Darling bike! But you don't have to change out of your skirt - riding a bike in a skirt is fun.