Monday, April 7, 2008

Quicksilver Fashion Show at BC Fashion Week, Fall '08

This Friday I got to attend the Quicksilver Fashion Show at BC Fashion week, Fall '08. I thought the show was really well produced. The clothes were not something I personally would wear but it was still a great show. The clothes to me felt like a mix of today's scencester look with the '90s grunge look that Kurt Cobain made so popular.



I was sitting on the side and it was really hard to get a good picture. Also no flash was allowed so here are two of the best.



I love getting ready for fashion show. You can basically get away with wearing anything to a show! I wore this vintage skirt that I got from my friend Taryn's sister for free, one of my best finds ever wasn't even found by me. She found it at a Value Village here in Vancouver.

Jacket: Le Chateau $30
Shirt: Zara $50
Skirt: Thrifted at Value Village FREE
Shoes: Aldo Outlet $20
Purse: Thrifted $3
Earring: Spring $7
Cuff: Thrifted at Value Village $2



I also were the brooch my friend, Taryn and her man, gave me for my birthday in my hair. I really wanted to wear it and it was the best place for it. After the fashion show my friend, Katie and I headed over to Six Acres for a drink and some appies. This place it great, if you are in Gastown you should definitely check it out. Six Acres is on the corner of Water St and Carrall. This was followed with meeting up with my Man and his friend for a quick beer then I headed home for some much needed sleep. All in all a great night!

1 comment:

F said...

Hey, I was just wondering how you got to go to Vancouver Fashion Week? Do you have to buy tickets/where from?!