Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mintage Make-Over

After a LOOONNNG day at work I remembered I forgot to get someone to take my photo. Sorry these are not the greatest but I had to show you this dress. I got it at Mintage for $18 on the sale rack, and fell in love with the pattern but I wasn't sure what I would do with it. It was about 8 inches longer and that made it kinda old looking. See what a little hemming or alterations can do. Last night I measured, cut and hemmed it into a really cute mini dress. I love the pattern and I am so glad I gave it a new life.

Jacket: Jacob $80
Dress: Mintage $18 and some time
Tight: ?
Shoes: Aldo $60
Belt: H&M $15
Cuff: Value Village $2
Watch: Yard sale $1

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought a few vintage dresses from mintage once and completely reworked one of them from a muumuu into a fabulous cocktail dress. The other dresses were hiding ugly stains that I neglected to detect when I bought them. Awful.

Tiffany Prystay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany Prystay said...

I hate when that happens! You are all excited, then BAM, Stain!

Dee said...

I've spent my whole summer adding a buttonhole here, raising a hem there, or adding darts to dresses and shirts. It feels like I have a new wardrobe because of that. Once a day, I think "I could totally fix this pair of jeans, or that skirt!". I'm sure I'll have to stop at some point.

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

Awesome dress! Love the colors and pattern :)

Tiffany Prystay said...

I'll never stop getting things and making them more awesome!!