Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Small Town Thrifting

I am hunting any and everywhere for mini dresses for Fall and Winter. When I was on Vancouver Island this weekend I stopped in at the Parksville S.O.S, which is like a Salvation Army. I picked up three dress, two already mini and one that will be when I'm done with it, a pair of amazing soft leather gloves and a plaid cummerbund. All for a grand total of $17.95! I love small town thrift stores!

This dress is the one I am going to hem, I'm going to keep the detail of the two hem but when on it hit at a weird place on my leg.

This dress is hot pink and I can't wait to pair it with black tights and a pair of studded booties.

Not sure yet what I'm going to do with a plaid cummerbund but I'm excited to figure something out.

This are the soft leather ever, and totally fitted to the hand. They just don't make leather gloves like they used too.

I wore of the purple velvet dress yesterday:

Dress: S.O.S Thrift Store $3.99
Tights: American Apparel $16
Shoes: Aldo $60
Earring: Aldo $10
Cuff: Value Village $2
Watch: Yard sale $1

Now the question is what to wear today?

4 comments:

Christina said...

I love small town thrifting also..my favorite hobby. Where did you find the cute mannequin that your clothes are hanging on? And..was it super expensive? Thanks!

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

Amazing finds!! I Love little town thrift stores that sell everything for dirt cheap! I'm excited to see what the white dress looks like when you're done :)

Tiffany Prystay said...

chrstnbm,
I tried to go to your blog to let you know about the dress form. I got it off of craiglist(vancouver) for $75. It was an amazing find as they are normally over $150-$200. Not sure if you live in Van but definitely try craiglist or look at Dressew. Hope that helps.

G

Tiffany Prystay said...

I am excited to see what the white dress looks like too! I see so much promise in it! Do you sew?