Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Surprise Date Night

So last Wednesday I took my man on a surprise date. I just called him, told him to meet me at a certain time and place, oh and to wear a suit.  So we meet up at BIN 942, which is where we had our first date over a year and a half ago. We had a drink each and then walked back to his place to drop off my work stuff. 

  

After drinks it was off to Abigail's Party for dinner. If you haven't been there yet I suggest you go now...yes, right now.....well okay after you finish reading this. It is this tiny little restaurant in Kits, across and up from the King's Head Pub on Yew St. It has about 12 tables and a few seats at the bar. It is darkly lit with candles, which makes for a great atmosphere. The music wasn't too loud, and best of all only one tv showing sports. Nothing against sport as I love to watch a good game now and then but sometime when on a date with your man you like him to focus! The best part was the food. It was DELICIOUS! I had the meatloaf special which was so good I overheard they had sold out, by 8pm. There was lot homestyle westcoast dishes on the menu and all at reasonable prices. It was exactly what I was looking for. I was sick and tried of the Earls, Joey, Moxie's routine but still wanted really good food at a good price, I got better. Amazing food at good prices. Plus I notice Qualicum Beach Scallops on the menu and being from Qualicum Beach, you know I'm going back to try that dish! Seriously go there.

After diner it was back to my place for some serious Backgammon and a bottle of wine. It was a great night and so much fun. 

Also I got to wear my '80s dress I got at the Erin Templeton Sample Sale in the summer.

   

Dress: $10
Jacket: Jacob $80(two years ago)
Tights: American Apparel $16
Shoes: Aldo $60
Purse: Vintage, Gift from Dusty
Necklace: Aldo (Free, buy one, get one deal)
Cuff: Vintage, Value Village $2
Watch: Vintage $20 Value Village
Cat: Patches (13th birthday gift)  

This is the only picture I got of my man that night. Not great but you can see he is wearing a suit. This is his new baby..I mean car.



When arriving at BIN942 wearing his black suit with white shirt first thing out of his mouth is "I couldn't find a white pocket square"! See why I love him?

1 comment:

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

That place sounds cool, I may have to keep it in mind. Love the dress!