Friday, October 7, 2011

Eco Fashion Week. Day 1.

Hi all!

Exciting things are happening in my life at the moment. I am covering EFW for local website, The Vantage! Very exciting! They are short on a fashion expert and I am helping them out. So here is what I wore to the VIP/Media event on Wednesday night:

T-shirt: American Apparel
Tights: American Apparel
Shoes: H&M
Necklace: Vintage, Rock Retro Vintage
Clutch: Vintage, Community Thrift Store
Jacket: Joe Fresh
Lipstick: Russian Red, MAC
This photo was snap by Frock of Ages as Myles, The Vantage, and I first arrived at Storyuem for the Media open. What a great venue for this type of event. There were stalls set up with vendors ranging from vintage clothing, to new eco friendly clothing, to eco make-up and even some food stalls. You know I love any event that brings together my two loves, food and fashion. For more photos of the VIP/Media event I strongly urge you to head over to Frock of Ages where he has posted quite a few great photos.

Yesterday was the first day of shows and my first time ever interviewing a designer. You would think I would be totally cool with it as I talk to people all day long in my job and have worked with designers for years as a model and fit model but no, I was nervous! Luckily it went perfect. Here is what I wore for day 1:

Vintage Cocoon Cape: The Fair
Tank: H&M
Tights: American Apparel
Necklace:Sears
Booties: Winners
Clutch: Vintage
Before we go any further I have to give a shout out to the lady at The Fair. I had had my eye on this cocoon cape for over a month but trying to be practical never bought it. Well when the opportunity to write for The Vantage and cover fashion week came up I knew I needed it. She came in early and meet me at her store so I could pick it up before work. The store is amazing with both new and vintage pieces. Plus that is some serious customer service. Definitely check them out, I knew you'll find something you love.



So now that you have seen what I wore you are thinking well where is the interview! To read my interview with Nicole Bridger and to see my thoughts on the shows come on over to The Vantage and visit me there.

No comments: