Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Flare at The Bay

On Friday FLARE came to The Bay. It was perfect. Editor-in-Chief Lisa Tant and Suzanne Timmins, The Bay's fashion director gave a fall fashion trend report complete with fashion show. We all received FLARE's fall fashion trends runway guide and the newest issue of FLARE.

Food and wine was supplied by Handsworth, a restaurant located in the Georgia Hotel. The mini hor d'oeuvres that I had were fantastic. It combined my favourite things food and fashion together.







While watching the fashion show I notice this lady who was directing the models, and who I soon realized was Suzanne's assistant, off to the side and I love her outfit. It is a total "me" outfit. After the show I had to approach her and ask where she had gotten the hot pink blazer, expecting to hear a fashion line I could not afford. Her answer, "Zara". I can't wait to get one for myself.

 
I also got the pleasure of meeting both Lisa and Suzanne. Lisa made my night! As I approched her to say thank you, said "Your outfit is fabulous". Thank you Lisa! The only problem was I totally forgot to get a picture of myself. I was wearing my favourite vintage yellow silk t-shirt, with a pair of high waisted black trouser and my grey mini layered vintage necklace. I really must remember to get shoots of myself.
 
Going to these events just makes me realize how much I love fashion and having personal style. Can't wait for the next one!

No comments: