Monday, October 6, 2008

"Its Friday Night and I Feel Alright..."

Friday night a few of us hit the town for my friend Jenn's birthday. First it was off to Granville Room for a quick bite and some amazing cocktails. You have to try the Mr. Pink, it has muddled watermelon in it and the duck was divine. 

If you have not checked this place out I seriously suggest you do. It has a great atmosphere, good music and great decor. Having said that there was a picture of a chick flashing her breasts so if that bothers you maybe wait a month and then check it out, the photo should be gone by then. 

My friend Ali and I at Granville Room. 


After the Granville Room, it was off to one of my favorite places to dance, Library Square. Which after doing some research, is also owned by the Donnelly Group as is Granville Room and a few of my other favorite hang outs. 

I love the Library Square not only for their atmosphere, but also because the people who work there are fantastic. They give great service, and for someone who works in the service industry its always nice to see that other people give so much of themselves. I was very impressed by one of the managers, Tommy, who remembered me from a ways back when my man and I were there during the day watching the Lakers play.  

Mostly I love their music, Friday was '90s night and having been a teenager in the '90s it was awesome! In fact the played songs I haven't heard in forever but somehow still know all the words for. This may have to do with the fact that I LIVED for the school dances. I never missed one and I dance all night. I, apparently, was not too cool for school. If this sounds like you, you have to check it out. Also high on my list is the fact that Saturday is '80s night. Seriously go there and dance your cute butt off! Maybe say Hi if you see me shaking it. Also for those of you who do not, strangely, like to dance there is good food, pool tables and a sweet shuffle board to entertain yourselves with. 

This is just of sample of the crazy fun time you will have. Jenn in her birthday outfit and Ali and I rocking out.
  

Here's what I wore. Sorry about the slightly weird photos, this is what happens when you have to take of yourself when no one else is around. I'm working on it.
   
T-shirt: Dynamite 2 for $18(got one in white too)
Skirt: Joe Fresh $14
Booties: Aldo $60
Earring: Xmas Gift from my friend, Malinda
Necklace: Aldo Accessories $25
Blazer: Le Chateau (Xmas Gift from my grandparents)

PS: First person to name the song I stole the title of this blog post from wins a prize.........

Good Luck,
Girl

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Note to self: Never let anyone take a photo of you when you're next to Tiffany.