Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ice Skating, Poutine and Southern Food

This Tuesday my man and I had the day off together and it was fantastic! Since I got my new position we no longer have weekends off together so it was great to spend the day with him.

First we went ice skating at the Robson rink. Something I have been trying to get to all winter. I'm not a huge fan of the cold so when it is here I try to do all the fun things while I wait for the sun to come back.

For those of you who don't know the Robson rink is under Robson street and I think it is one of Vancouver's hidden gems. Fully underrated. If you have your own skates it is free and they had a concession stand where you can grab some eats or a hot chocolate.

After skating we headed over to The Local for a couple beers and some poutine. I adore poutine! I could eat it everyday...if it wasn't bad for me.

Then for dinner we headed over to Chewies which is a new oyster bar with southern food. So good! If you haven't been there go, now! Tell them I sent you. We had the crab cakes, a couple oysters, BBQ prawns with cheesy grits, an fried chicken. I love fried chicken and waffles which they have on their brunch menu. I'll be back for that.

Then it was home to bed. All in all a great day!

No comments: