Friday, September 23, 2011

Beauty Products

Working in the film industry in Vancouver can be so much fun, it can also be outside in the rain for hours on end. I would know I worked in it for 4 years as a make-up artist and hair assistant. During that time I used a lot of make-up on a lot of different faces. Now that I am living in the real world and my morning are fairly busy I have my make-up routine pretty much down. I have a basic face that take me about 7 mins and if I want to pump it up I have a few go to options that I can whip up in about 10 mins. (I have A LOT of practice) One morning I will have to slow it down and take some picture of the step it takes to pull off the basic face, for now here are the products I love.
Make-up ALWAYS looks better on a well moisturized face. I love this one because it sinks right in and has an SPF, very important everyday of the year!

I love blush...obsessed is the right word. This tint makes sure I look rosy and awake all day long.

A highlighter to help with the dewy look. I like this one but I am still on the look out for the perfect one.

I am very diligent about skin care so lucky I rarely need this to "hide a blemish" but it also make a great under eye concealer. Plus its cheap.

I have never found the perfect powder for myself yet but the MAC powders are great so at the moment I am using this.

Amazing drugstore bronzer, no orange or sparkle.

I think I wear foundation about twice a year, I love tinted moisturizer and I love this one from Smashbox.

This is my favourite blush EVER! I have been using it since high school and I have true millions of other blush and always come back to CoverGirl Classic Pink. If they ever discontinue it I will cry for years.

Shu Uemura, best curler on the planet. 'nough said.
I am always trying new mascaras but I love this one and have been using it for over a year now. Make my lashes look amazing.

My main pump up go tos. Not shown is my lipsticks: Russian Red and Rebel by MAC.

And they all live in this lovely make-up case given to me by one of my favourite people, Meredith Monroe. Who was on Dawson's Creek for years and is the nicest actor you could ever work with.
Now these are the product I love and am using at the moment, however....I am always into trying new products. Its is so much fun to test out a new colour or find a better powder. At the moment I am on the hunt for a primer and a new powder. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them!

No comments: