Thursday, October 7, 2010

White Space and Lobster

My Tuesday night this week was quite busy. First off I was invited to the White Space Gala at The Bay Vancouver Downtown, which I went to with my friend, Jen. I once worked for the line "Pink Tartan" at this Bay was excited to see how the second floor had been transformed into the White Space. Well it was beautiful! If you haven't checked it out yet you must! There was wine and cocktails, appetizers and prizes. The buyers for The Bay have brought in quite a few new lines, See by Cloe, Adam, Free People, and many many more. The designer for Adam was even at the event at answer some questions asked by FASHION's Vancouver Editor Rebecca Tay. All in all it was a great fashion event to attend. Plus it was fun to catch up with some of my old co-workers. I got quite a few compliments on my shoes, something I always love. I also fell in love with a pair of shoes in The Bay's amazing shoe department.

This beautiful pair of Sam Edelman's will be mine....if they can find them in my size!


I also put a jacket on hold but I'm not sure I am fully in love with it, and at the beginning of the year I made a resolution to only buy things I'm in love with so will see how that turns out.

After the White Space Gala, I headed over to my usually Tuesday night event, Trivia Night at Relish Gastropub & Bar. I don't think I have expressed my love for this bar enough on here. I love it!! To put it into pop culture terms Relish is my "How I Met Your Mother"/"Cheers" bar. Yes, everyone there knows my name and makes me full like a superstar when I walk in the door. Plus they have a different Canadian beer for $3 everyday! Its like they can read my mine! This Tuesday was a little different, it was also Alexander Keith's birthday, so you could get a one pound lobster and a pint of Keith's for $20, that is cheap! Therefore Relish was packed, good thing I had a table to join or I would have been trying to eat my lobster standing up. Not something I think could even be done. We didn't win trivia but we did get to keep the mugs our beer came in, pretty cool. All in all a fun filled night.

Here is what I wore:

Jacket: Vintage, $20 (Erin Templeton sale)
Tank Top: Dynamite, $10
Pants: H&M, on sale for $20
Shoes: B2, $150
Clutch: A gift from Justin's Mom and Dad, they got it in Spain.
Cuff: Value Village, $2

Honestly I just don't wear my crazy shoes enough, I think I am going to try to wear them more often seeing I love them so much. What do you own that you just don't wear enough?

No comments: