Friday, December 18, 2009

Ice Skating under Robson St

One of the main things I wanted to do this holiday season was to go ice skating at the renewed Robson Rink. I got to go this week with my friend's Jen and Serg.

This place is amazing. I am telling you, you have to go! It was so much fun! I brought us a thermos full of hot chocolate and I think this really adds to the whole winter wonderland vibe.


It was full of skaters, and it was beautiful. I think it would be a great date place, if you like to skate. Skating around, holding hands, drinking some coco, ahhh. But it is also a great place to go with good friends.

One of the cutest parts was the mini Zamboni that looks like a killer whale! I think they should make the one at GM Place look like one too!


Jen and Serg

Here is what I wore:

Where: Robson Rink

What: Jacket: Hong Kong $20
Sweater: Aritzia $80
Jean: Lushuz $40
Toque: Mintage $20
Skate: Mine

Why: It can be hard what to wear to something where you have to be warm but you still want to be stylish. The solution, I am wearing long johns under my skinny jeans and a long john top under my sweater! I used to work in film and would have to spend hours standing outside in the rain and cold while filming. I quickly learned that long johns and wool sock are your best friend and will keep you warm!

No comments: